Baby’s Acai Bowl with Berries and Banana
It’s no secret that we love playing with food around here! The only thing that’s more fun than playing with food is actually eating it…and this acai bowl is no exception. It’s called “Baby’s Acai Bowl”, but make no mistake – this recipe can be enjoyed by toddlers, older kids, and adults too! Everybody in your family can customize their bowl and then show off their berry delicious creations.
Baby's Acai Bowl with Berries and Banana
- 1 frozen banana sliced
- 1 packet acai puree thawed for ~30 minutes, or until soft but not completely thawed
- 1/2 cup berries
- 1+ cup(s) milk of choice
- toppings of choice (we love coconut, chia seeds and almond butter for toddlers and adults!)
- Put the fruit and 1/2 a cup of milk in the blending bowl.
- Pulse to blend, gradually adding more milk until fruits combine and are smooth.
- Pour into a bowl, add desired toppings and dig in!
As always, please check with your pediatrician before introducing new foods to your baby. "For most babies, it does not matter what the first solid foods are. By tradition, single-grain cereals are usually introduced first. However, there is no medical evidence that introducing solid foods in any particular order has an advantage for your baby. Although many pediatricians will recommend starting vegetables before fruits, there is no evidence that your baby will develop a dislike for vegetables if fruit is given first. " -American Academy of Pediatrics
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!