https://beabausa.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/preview-full-Gluten-Free-Foods-for-Kids.jpg 456 684 Meredith Davis https://beabausa.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/sp-g3shop-logo-1516771556.png Meredith Davis2019-11-05 12:59:292019-11-05 12:59:29Our Favorite Gluten-Free Snacks for Toddlers
School is back in session and so are the snacks! Check out a few of our favorite gluten alternatives below.
- Cauliflower Muffins – Delicious muffins don’t always contain gluten! Contrary to what you may think, there are several types of flours on the market that are gluten-free. This recipe uses coconut flour, so it adds a sweet touch, too. Some other gluten-free flours include almond, buckwheat, sorghum, amaranth, teff, and arrowroot among others. If you have our multiportion containers left over from purees, you can still use them for baking!
- Flavored Hummus with Crackers– Hummus is a classic snack that is enjoyed by many. Elevate your hummus by adding things such as edamame, beets, or sweet potatoes into the mix. Though the gluten-free pairing options are often veggies like cucumbers and carrots, there are also plenty of GF cracker options. Rice crackers, for example are just as delicious as wheat crackers. Check out our favorite Beet Hummus recipe
- Zoodle Pasta – Let’s face it, who doesn’t love pasta? The good news is, many GF noodles are available these days. Zoodles and butternut squash pack a hidden veggie bonus, and noodles made out of things such as quinoa give a protein boost, too.
- Chia Parfait – Cha ha cha CHIA! This breakfast favorite can be enjoyed blissfully GF. Chia seeds are a superfood filled with omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants and protein. If you’d like to add oats to your parfait, several companies make GF oats such as muesli.
- Roasted chickpeas – Chickpeas aren’t just tasty in hummus. Roasting them brings them to a whole new level. They contain a ton of fiber, which aids in digestive health. The best part is they’re uber easy to make and soak up pretty much any flavor you give them. Some of our favorite flavors include garlic, sesame, BBQ and honey cinnamon.
- Hard boiled eggs – Nothing sunny side up here, but just as bright! Boiled eggs make a great snack. They’re not only easy to transport, they’re filled with protein, B vitamins, zinc, and calcium. To make in the Babycook, simply place an egg in the steam basket and fill to water level 3.