https://beabausa.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/mood-boosters-for-mom.jpg 640 960 Beaba https://beabausa.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/beaba-logo-07-2021-300x84.png Beaba2019-05-06 09:31:222020-10-13 17:24:328 Foods to Boost Your Mood this Week
Feeling a little down? That avocado toast at brunch just might be able to turn that frown upside down. No, seriously. Here are some foods that may just be able to boost your mood.
- Salmon – Go fish, anyone? Salmon is great for so many reasons. While we all know fish is brain food, it’s not just to make you smarter! Research shows that omega-3’s can act as mood stabilizers. Specifically, new mothers who consume little (if any) fish tend to be at higher risk for postpartum depression. Other ways to get omega 3’s include eating flaxseeds, broccoli, and red kidney beans.
- Legumes, legumes, and more legumes – Legumes contain tons of folate, which helps regulate the level of serotonin in our brains. As you may know, serotonin is what’s responsible for our levels of happiness! Top options include beans (all types) and
- Vitamin C – Besides improving immunity, vitamin C can improve your mood! Vitamin C enables your body to create neurotransmitters such as dopamine, noradrenaline, and serotonin. What do these do? Besides help with mood stabilization, they are thought to prevent Vitamin C can be found in many citrus fruits such as oranges, grapefruits, kumquats, lemons, and limes!
- Avocado – Bring on the avo toast! No, it’s not just a fad because they’re pretty. Avocados are high in vitamin B6, which aids in the creation of neurotransmitters responsible for serotonin and dopamine.
- Go NUTS – Nuts should become your new best friend (unless you’re allergic, of course!). Why? Because they contain an important ingredient… ZINC. In terms of mood regulation, Zinc is super important due to its ability to determine your body’s response to stress. One study states, “a balance of zinc levels is crucial to maintaining zinc homeostasis in many brain regions, including those involved in the physiopathology of depression, such as hippocampus, amygdala and cerebral cortex.”
- Bananas – Gwen Stefani had it right, this sh*t is bananas! Besides being a sweet treat, bananas actually contain So basically, the motto goes, “the more bananas you eat, the happier you’ll be!” The best part? Bananas can be enjoyed in so many ways!
- Ma ma MATCHA – Stay ‘calm,’ and MATCHA ON! Matcha is another trendy food, but for good reason. It’s filled with amino acid L-theanine, which helps you to relax and maintain calmness. If you’re a mom, this one’s for you!
- Coffee – Not a tea person? Coffee can help you, too! According to studies, the caffeine in coffee stimulates dopamine. Dopamine transmits happy feelings. So, whenever you’re feeling guilty about that second cup, don’t be!